Smart Scholar Checking Account
A smart and easy way for high school students to manage their money with no learning curves.
The Smart Financial Smart Scholar Checking Account is designed for high school students who want to learn the easy way to manage money.
- No monthly service charge
- No minimum balance
- Online Banking
- Debit MasterCard
- Online Bill Pay access
- Smartline accesss
Get peace of mind...
- Overdraft Protection linked from your Savings
Smart Scholar Checking Account Requirements
- $25 minimum opening balance
- Student must open a Membership Share Account with an additional $5 deposit.
- Student must be enrolled in High School at the time of account opening and must have a state issued ID or a verifiable current school ID card.
- Students between the ages of 14 - 17 must have a parent/guardian joint-owner on the account
- Online Banking is required for this account
- e-Statement is required for this account
- The Smart Scholar Checking account is a free checking account.
- Debit Card withdrawal and purchase amounts are limited.
- This is a non-interest bearing account.
- No checks will be issued on this account.
Student must be enrolled in high school when opening an account and must have a state issued ID or student ID. High School students between the ages of 14-17 must have a parent or guardian as a joint owner on the account. The parent/guardian must pass chexsystems with an automatic approval score.
*Account opening for Smart Scholars Checking is not available online. Please visit one of our branches to open your account.
All Checking Accounts have the option of receiving a Debit MasterCard
Now the fastest way to write a check is to not write one at all! With Smart Financial's Debit MasterCard, you have a fast and efficient way to access your checking account.
Ask Smart Financial
Give us a call
Or toll-free at: