Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Plan for the future with Smart Financial (IRAs).
IRAs are Savings accounts designed to help wage earners save for retirement. Many members may still be eligible to deduct their IRA contributions from their taxable income. For them, IRAs are great investments. For those who may not take the deduction, an IRA still remains one of the best methods to save for retirement. Because IRA earnings are sheltered from taxes, IRAs grow faster than ordinary savings accounts.
Multiple IRA options are available:
- IRA/Savings – offers the flexibility of saving with a minimum investment
- IRA/CD – allows a guaranteed interest rate to be locked in for the length of the term
- Coverdell IRA – allows you to save for any postsecondary education
- Roth IRA – your investment growth is federally tax-free when withdrawn as part of a qualified distribution (as defined by the IRS)
- Traditional IRA – is a good choice if you're eligible to make deductible contribution and expect your tax rate during retirement to be lower than it is today. Any investment growth is tax deferred, and you won't pay federal income taxes on your deductible contributions or any earning until you withdraw money on or after reaching the age 59½
To find out what IRA option(s) are best for your financial situation, speak with a Smart Financial Credit Union representative.
|Minimum Balance||Interest Rate||APY|
|Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) Details||Account Requirements|
|Minimum Opening Balance||$100 or 50 w/ payroll deduction-Direct Deposit|
|Minimum required Balance||None|
|Monthly Service fee||None|
*Earnings may be tax-deferred or tax-deductible. Consult your tax advisor for details.
**Early withdrawal fee/penalty: None, unless the withdrawal is from an IRA CD before the maturity date. The IRS, however, may impose a 10% penalty if withdrawn before age 59 ½. Certain exceptions may apply.
Ask Smart Financial
Give us a call
Or toll-free at: