The Smart CU Mobile App is available for Apple and Android smartphone users including tablets. You may also access the mobile web version at m.smartcu.org using your mobile device browser. Message and data rates may apply whenever you use the app.
Mobile Banking FAQs
My Smart CU Mobile App Frequently Asked Questions
Does my mobile phone support the Smart Mobile Banking App?
What are the advantages of using the Smart Mobile App?
The app gives you the freedom to conveniently:
- Access your Smart account anytime and anywhere
- Manage your transactions and view account activities
- Transfer funds
- Pay bills (enrollment is required)
- Deposit checks at your convenience
- Locate the nearest ATM
How secure is my account with the Smart Mobile App?
Our mobile app comes with the latest encryption technology to protect your account information.
I have been using the app for quite some time now, is there a new version available for me to download?
The new version will be available on Wednesday, January 11, 2017, for the Android and mobile web. The Apple IOS will be on Wednesday, January 18th.
What version of the phone operating system does the Smart Mobile Banking app support?
Android is supported on version 4.4.2 and higher. iPhone is supported on version 7.0 and higher.
What are the new features of the latest version?
New features available in the upgraded version:
- A user-friendly interface
- Quick balance feature (enrollment is required)
- Touch and Fingerprint ID-enabled (enrollment is required)
- Zoom check images
- Mobile banking enrollment
What is “Quick Balance?”
Quick balance allows you to view your account balance without logging in. (You must enroll within the app to use this new feature. Available only in the upgraded version.)
How does Touch or Fingerprint ID work?
Touch or Fingerprint ID allows you to log into your Smart CU app using your fingerprint. To use, activate this feature after logging in (this new feature is available only in the upgraded version.)
What do I do if I forget my password?
Click on the “forgot password link” on the smartcu.org home page to retrieve a one-time password.
How do I deposit a check using the app?
You can deposit checks directly into your checking account, anywhere and anytime through the Mobile Remote Deposit Capture. Simply click “Deposit” and follow the prompts. Always endorse the back of your check: “For Mobile Deposit Only” before capturing the check image. (Please check account eligibility for this feature.)
What types of transactions are available through Smart CU Mobile?
Smart Financial Credit Union offers mobile banking for any member with access to Android or Apple mobile apps on their device. You can perform the following transactions through the My Smart CU mobile app:
- Balance – Current and available balance
- Bill Payments – Make one-time or scheduled bill payments
- Branch Locator – Find Smart Financial Credit Union Branch locations
- Check Images – View images of checks
- Deposit and Loan Account – View summary of all Smart Financial Accounts
- Deposit checks – Use your mobile device to take an image of a check for deposit
- Loan Payments – Make a payment to your loan account from your Smart Financial savings or checking account
- Pending Transaction Data – View debit card holds, check holds, or account holds
- Transaction History – Use specific criteria to quickly search transaction history
- Transfer Funds – Transfer to deposit and loan accounts (available for Smart Financial accounts only)
Are there fees for Smart CU Mobile?
There is no charge from Smart Financial Credit Union to install the mobile app. Message and data rates may apply from your cell phone provider.
Can I create new bill payment payees through Mobile Banking?
- No. This service is currently available through the Virtual Branch online banking website only.
- Access Virtual Branch using a computer, at www.smartcu.org
Who can I call if I have questions about Smart CU Mobile?
Please call our Member Services at 713-850-1600 for question related to Smart CU Mobile.
What is Smart CU Mobile Deposit?
Smart Financial Credit Union offers a Mobile Remote Deposit Capture based on specific account and membership criteria. You may use this service to deposit checks directly into your checking accounts. Simply click deposit and follow prompts to use the mobile device app to photograph the front and back of your check, and enter the amount of your deposit.
What are the eligibility requirements for Smart CU Mobile Deposit?
- Must have an active checking account older than 90 days
- No account restrictions
- Smart Chance Checking, Smart Scholars Checking, CAP Checking, No Check Checking, Preferred Money Market, Money Market Plus, Smart Business Money Market Savings, and Smart Business Money Market Sweep accounts are not eligible for Smart CU Mobile Deposit.
How should I endorse my check deposited via Smart CU Mobile?
Your check should be endorsed as “For Mobile Deposit Only”.
I made a mobile deposit, but when will it post to my account? When will funds be available?
All mobile deposits are subject to the Mobile Deposit Service Agreement. It will generally post to your account and will be available for withdrawal, within two business days.
What types of checks can be deposited with Smart CU Mobile Deposit?
- Personal Checks
- Business Checks
- Money Orders
- Travelers Checks - (Remember to sign the front of you travelers check as well as the back to prevent the item from being returned for missing signatures.)
- The print quality or size of any check may prevent it from being processed.
- Refund checks in postcard format are typically not processed.
- Money Gram money orders are not able to be processed via Smart CU Mobile.
- US treasury checks cannot be deposited via the Smart CU Mobile app.
What are the daily deposit limits with Mobile Deposit?
- All mobile deposits are subject to Smart Financial Credit Union's Funds Availability Policy.
- A check greater than $10,000.00 must be deposited at a Smart Financial CU ATM or branch. The daily total of mobile deposits may not exceed $10,000.00. Limits are subject to change.
- Please refer to Mobile Deposit Service Agreement or a Smart Financial Credit Union Representative for more information.
How do I capture the best image of the check using Smart CU mobile?
- Best practice is to ensure the check is placed flat and smooth on a dark, non-reflective surface.
- Make sure there is sufficient light to distinguish the check from the background.
- If our system is unable to accurately read/record the check information (amount, payee, etc), you may deposit your check at a Smart Financial Credit Union branch or ATM.
Can I view check images through Smart CU Mobile?
- Yes, checks that you write against your Smart Financial accounts and checks you deposit with Smart CU Mobile may be viewed by clicking on the transaction details.
Ask Smart Financial
Give us a call
Or toll-free at: