New Online and Mobile Experience – Coming Soon!
In the coming weeks we will introduce a new online, mobile banking and bill payment experience that is designed to make managing your Smart Financial accounts even easier.
- Alerts and Notices - options by account, transaction type, amount, and more
- Transfers - to other Financial Institutions (sent by ACH)
- Budget and Savings Goals Tools - track and categorize transactions
- Balance Peek – view balance quickly without signing on
- Bill Pay - updated look and features
- Enhanced security - using your contact information
1) How do I prepare for this update?
Be sure your contact information is current, and be prepared to create a new password for access. To view and edit your current contact information, please click 'My Profile' in Virtual Branch.
2) Where will I go to sign in to Virtual Branch?
Virtual Branch online will be located on our website, just as it is today.
3) Will my sign on ID change?
- Your current sign on ID will not change
- However, you will be required to create a new password when logging on for the first time
- The password reset will require current email and/or cell phone information, so be sure your contact information is correct. (Visit Virtual Branch to view and edit your information by clicking 'My Profile.')
4) Will bill pay change again?
- Yes, the look and some features in Smart Bill Pay will be upgraded during this transition.
- However, payee information, activity, and history will not change.
- Your payees will be transferred and available immediately following the upgrade.
5) Will Bill Pay services be offline during this transition?
We do not anticipate our bill payment service to be offline for our consumer bill pay members. Our Business members have been contacted directly regarding any potential down time for business bill payment system access.
6) Will online banking access be down?
We do not anticipate Virtual Branch to be offline for any significant period of time during this conversion.
7) What if I do not receive a temporary password?
This could indicate that your email and/or cell phone number may not be current. You may call member services at 713.850.1600 or visit a branch for assistance. We apologize there may be extended hold times during this transition.
8) When will the system change?
We are expecting to update the system in October.
9) How do I transfer money to my account with another financial Institution?
Click on the ‘transfer’ widget and select external account. You will be required to confirm each account you add, by providing additional transaction information. This process will require access to the account you are transferring to, and may take up to 3 business days for processing.
10) How long will it take for my external transfer to be processed?
External transfers are typically processed within 3 business days.
11) Will I have access to my account history?
Yes, transaction history and bill pay history will be available for at least 12 months.
12) Will mobile deposit change?
Yes, mobile deposit will now automatically take a pictures of your check. You will also be able to review the account history for a copy of the item that you deposit. The status of the mobile deposit transaction will not display as it had in the past.
Ask Smart Financial
Give us a call
Or toll-free at: